What a month! We kicked off our Academy during an awkward time... No sports! No going outside! Companies and budgets on lockdown!
But what a great month it was. The Amsterdam Cricket Academy is now serving two local clubs with coaching and youth training. Clinics have been held and more are being organised for young children who love being outdoors and running around again. The Academy Girls Squad are gathering every week for training sessions, private coaching has kicked off and a performance programme is just around the corner.
All of this wouldn't have been possible without great partnerships. And we are proud to announce that we have found a third founder to strengthen the team and help us build a solid base. Rashid Shah (cricketer and cricket dad from VRA) is now a co-founder of the academy and will help to build relationships with cricket societies. He will also be proving funding towards some of the resources required for the quality we aim to achieve. The contract has just been signed and zoomed 👊
"The feedback we received from the kids last night was so amazing. They both had an amazing day and said they learnt quite a bit. They also loved the frisbee play at the end"
-Parent feedback after first clinic
Signing the founders contract on Zoom: Taku Kusano, Richard Wolfe and Rashid Shah
We would like to pause for a moment to thank the many people and partners who have helped us get off the ground. In no particular order - and hopefully with no one missed out - a great thank you to:
- Canterbury for sponsoring our coach kits and sorting out great apparel
- Ludimos for collaborating with us to bring hi-tech to the grass roots
- Peter Borren and Tim de Leede for partnering as guest coaches
- Our assistant coaches Jim, Areeb, Ammar, Lotte, Abel, Sahil, Mees and Shreyas for putting in great work
- ACC for providing facilities and support
- Partners THNK, ejpeg (what a logo ;), denarius and cuttheweb
- All the great help we got from EP, Henk, Farai, Charles, Lodewijk, Scott, Tanja (x2), and many more.
We are very grateful for the chances to already work with ACC, VRA, Qui Vive and VVV and are enjoying constructive progress with the KNCB about how to assist in cricket development in the region. We look forward to many more hours of sports and fun all summer and winter!
Coaches ready for the first senior youth clinic: Areeb Shoaib, Taku Kusano and Jim Dukker
"No way I am returning the shorts" (random coach ;) Thanks Mark from Canterbury for the speedy delivery 👊
Mark van de Weijden from Canterbury handing over the first coaching kits